May 7, 2014
Ted Cruz Releases Report Detailing 76 'Lawless' Actions Obama Has TakenTopics: Political News and commentaries
Republican Sen. Ted Cruz released his definitive list today of 76 "lawless" Obama administration actions and abuses of power. Besides detailing some of Obama's relatively well known lawless actions, Cruz's report also delves into Obama's little-known and little-reported lawless executive actions (hat tip - Daily Caller).
Here's a few of many Obama abuses of power detailed by Cruz:
1. Disregarded 1996 welfare reform law in granting broad work waivers for work requirements of Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).Read the full report here ...
2. Implemented portions of the DREAM Act, which Congress rejected, by executive action.
3. Ended some terror asylum restrictions, by allowing asylum for people who provided only "insignificant" or "limited" material support of terrorists.
4. Allowed immigrants in the U.S. illegally, who are relatives of military troops and veterans, to stay in the country and get legal status.
5. Extended federal marriage benefits by recognizing, under federal law, same-sex marriages created in a state that allows same-sex marriage even if the couple is living in a state that doesn't recognize same-sex marriage.
6. Recognized same-sex marriage in Utah, even though the Supreme Court stayed the court order recognizing same-sex marriage in Utah and Utah said it would not recognize same-sex marriages performed before the stay.
7. Refused to prosecute violation of drug laws with certain mandatory minimums.
8. Issued signing statements, refusing to enforce parts of congressional-enacted statutes.
9. Illegally refused to act on Yucca Mountain's application to become a nuclear waste repository.
10. Falsely portrayed the Benghazi terrorist attack as a spontaneous protest against an anti-Muslim YouTube video, and then lied about the White House's involvement.
11. Illegally revealed the existence of sealed indictments in the Benghazi investigation.
12. Failed to enforce the Magnitsky Act as required by law, by not adding Russian human rights abusers to a list of people not permitted to travel to or do business in the U.S.
13. Killed four Americans overseas in counterterrorism operations without judicial process.
14. Continued to give Egypt aid after the military took over its government, even though federal law prohibits aid to Egypt in the event of a coup.
15. Granted a "hardship" exemption from the individual mandate for people whose health plans were canceled because their plans weren't Obamacare compliant.
16. Delayed the individual mandate for two years.
17. Allowed individuals to buy health insurance plans in 2014 that did not comply with Obamacare.
18. Extended this delay until 2016 -- past the mid-term elections.
19. Extended the deadline to enroll in Obamacare.
20. Illegally granted businesses a waiver from Obamacare's employer mandate.Twice.
Posted by Hyscience at May 7, 2014 5:41 PM
Articles Related to Political News and commentaries: