October 24, 2012
Cover Up Alert: State Dept Emails Show Obama Administration Knew 'Within Hours' Benghazi Attack Was Claimed By Al Qaeda Linked Terror GroupTopics: Political News and commentaries
The White House story line on Libya just keeps falling apart ... and it's becoming abundantly clear that Barack Obama did indeed build this!
A series of internal State Department emails obtained by Fox News shows some of the initial assessments of last month's deadly consulate attack in Libya, including one email within hours of the attack that noted the group Ansar al Sharia had claimed responsibility.Keep reading ... there's more.
The emails provide some of the most detailed information to surface about what officials knew in the initial hours after the attack. And it again raises questions about why U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice, apparently based on intelligence assessments, would claim five days after the attack that it was a 'spontaneous' reaction to protests over an anti-Islam film.
Ansar al Sharia has been declared by the State Department to be an Al Qaeda-affiliated group. A member of the group suspected of participating in the Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi has been arrested and is being held in Tunisia.
The emails obtained by Fox News were sent by the State Department to a variety of national security platforms, whose addresses have been redacted, including the White House Situation Room, the Pentagon, the FBI and the Director of National Intelligence.
Fox News was told that an estimated 300 to 400 national security figures received these emails in real time almost as the raid was playing out and concluding. People who received these emails work directly under the nation's top national security, military and diplomatic officials, Fox News was told.
The timestamps on the emails are all Eastern Time and often include the subheading SBU ... which is shorthand for "Sensitive But Unclassified."
The third email came at 6:07 p.m. ET and was sent to a different email list but still includes the White House Situation Room address and a subject line of "Update 2: Ansar al-Sharia Claims Responsibility for Benghazi Attack (SBU)."
This damning news follows previous reports that slain U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and the security officers assigned to protect him repeatedly sounded alarms to their superiors in Washington about the intensifying lawlessness and violence in Eastern Libya, where Stevens was ultimately murdered. And documents clearly show that the Obama State Department's denials of requests for enhanced security in Benghazi in the months leading up to 9/11 may have contributed to the ability of the attackers to plan their assault on the consulate and annex grounds without being detected.
In a nutshell, U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens repeatedly pleaded with Barack Obama's State Department for additional security personnel but all requests were denied ... and as a result - four Americans are now dead that should be alive today.
So yes, how else to take this other than that Barack Obama did indeed build that? And all indications are that the decision to deny protection had to be for political reasons - it conflicted with Team Obama's narrative that bin-Laden is dead and al-Qaeda is in decline!
Related video: The White House Disinformation Campaign on Libya.
Related: Records obtained by Reuters consist of three emails dispatched by the State Department's Operations Center to multiple government offices, including addresses at the White House, Pentagon, intelligence community and FBI, on the afternoon of September 11.
Posted by Hyscience at October 24, 2012 7:53 AM
Articles Related to Political News and commentaries:
- Cover Up Alert: State Dept Emails Show Obama Administration Knew 'Within Hours' Benghazi Attack Was Claimed By Al Qaeda Linked Terror Group - Oct 24, 2012