September 13, 2012
'Sources': U.S. Had 48 Hour Warning of Benghazi Attack, Did Nothing - Highly Sensitive Documents Now MissingTopics: Middle East News and Perspectives, Political News and commentaries
Via The Independent: America 'was warned of embassy attack but did nothing.'
[...] The US administration is now facing a crisis in Libya. Sensitive documents have gone missing from the consulate in Benghazi and the supposedly secret location of the "safe house" in the city, where the staff had retreated, came under sustained mortar attack. Other such refuges across the country are no longer deemed "safe".Take the time to read the whole thing.
Some of the missing papers from the consulate are said to list names of Libyans who are working with Americans, putting them potentially at risk from extremist groups, while some of the other documents are said to relate to oil contracts.
[...] According to senior diplomatic sources, the US State Department had credible information 48 hours before mobs charged the consulate in Benghazi, and the embassy in Cairo, that American missions may be targeted, but no warnings were given for diplomats to go on high alert and "lockdown", under which movement is severely restricted.
Mr Stevens had been on a visit to Germany, Austria and Sweden and had just returned to Libya when the Benghazi trip took place with the US embassy's security staff deciding that the trip could be undertaken safely.
Charles Krauthammer is spot-on ... not only are we seeing the fruits of Obama's 'apology policy' ... we're seeing meltdown at the State Department and the collapse of the Obama policy in the whole Muslim world.
Posted by Hyscience at September 13, 2012 8:38 PM
Articles Related to Middle East News and Perspectives, Political News and commentaries:
- 'Sources': U.S. Had 48 Hour Warning of Benghazi Attack, Did Nothing - Highly Sensitive Documents Now Missing - Sep 13, 2012