May 20, 2010
Obama administration caught red-handedTopics: Political News and commentaries
As in caught red-handed in a bold-faced lie over it's claimed insurance support for small business owners.
Moe Lane explains - it's business (at the WH) as usual:
- Zach owns a small business (24 employees, average salary $35K) and provides them with health care ($79.2K/year).
- He has already seen a 15% increase in health care costs this year, so he is quite keen to hear about insurance relief.
- The White House's PR flunkies were bragging about a program that gives "broad eligibility" to companies with less than 25 employees and average salaries below $50K.
- Zach is covered both ways! Bring on that insurance relief!
- ... Oh. If you have more than 10 employees and average salaries above $20K ... well. The answer is, no, at Zach's level he's not getting insurance relief.
- And here's the important thing: he was actually told otherwise by the White House's PR flunkies, remember?
- We call that "a lie."
- And - possibly more importantly - "business as usual."
So much for kind of promised "change" some had "hoped" for. Of course, many of us knew what Obama really was - just an empty suit with colorful rhetoric and a blank slate upon which fools saw what they wanted to see.
Posted by Richard at May 20, 2010 10:24 AM
Articles Related to Political News and commentaries:
- Obama administration caught red-handed - May 20, 2010