« Obama Intends To Ration Your Health Care | Main | They Used Rayan's Language »

January 4, 2009

A Hyscience Update

Topics: Administrative
We'd like to wish our readers a belated Happy New Year with a brief explanation about our silence during the past several days.  Richard, our editor-in-chief and main contributor, was in an accident early last week and remains hospitalized with fairly severe injuries.  Although he is anxious to continue writing, his doctors have advised him to concentrate on recovery (and we agree).  We're not sure when but are confident that Richard will be back.

In the meantime, Hyscience will be updated daily and, with your help, will continue to provide insight and commentary on the most pressing issues our day.  After some of the disappointments in 2008 and ongoing economic struggles we are certainly looking forward to opportunities in this new year.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

Posted by tim at January 4, 2009 3:55 PM

We will keep Richard in our thoughts and prayers. I hope he is recovering nicely and will up and about and back to his old self in the very short term!

Posted by: BT in SA at January 10, 2009 1:17 PM

Sorry to hear about Richard's accident. I have been traveling and not been to the site for awhile. God speed, Richard.

Posted by: Terrence at January 10, 2009 8:02 PM

Dear Friend Richard,

I was just catching up on all the latest Hyscience posts I have missed reading since the beginning of the year - due to having moved, and to the growing exigencies of the present financial circumstances at work - when to my dismay I came across this update, and found out about your most unfortunate accident! Alicia and I were aghast!

You are in our thoughts and prayers, and we pray the Lord for your quick and complete recovery...we all miss you!

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know you are one of the most noble, upright, good-hearted, and decent human beings I have ever had the pleasure to make my acquaintance - not to mention a great American and Patriot who Proudly Served our Nation! God Bless you!

Godspeed on your full and complete recovery, and may we soon enjoy once again your counsel, wisdom, and moderation here at Hyscience!

Thank you for your patience and forbearance and for all you have taught me through your posts, and by your example, my Friend!

God Bless!

Althor :)

Posted by: Althor at January 14, 2009 10:31 AM

God Be Praised! Richard is alright. He is back from the VA Hospital and is recuperating, and even as Lord Francis Bacon once wrote, is fighting for and winning for "The Uses Of Life"!

That is the Richard I have come to know and admire! A man who will not flinch, but fight death and adversity with the same "gusto" he fought in his youth America's enemies!

God Be Praised Richard is alright!

God Bless him, and his son Michael, a true American and a Patriot in this time of betrayal, who still fights in Iraq!

God Bless Both!

As for me, being Althor and the caustic, prejudiced, Spanish descendant of Germanic Visigoths, until Richard teaches me better in his wisdom - Obama is not my president - no matter how many collective orgasms the MSM may have over his inaguration! Long live Jefferson Davis!

Althor :)

Posted by: Althor at January 15, 2009 11:08 AM

(Sorry, being Althor, and having experienced Catro's "Paradise" in my youth, what else can you expect? :)

Posted by: Althor at January 15, 2009 11:12 AM

Althor, You bunch of liars posting your hyper-biased garbage on the web. If you don't accept Obama as President, then move to Iran, where you'll fit in quite well with the 'Death to Obama!' chanting crowds. Since you gave respect to Jefferson Davis, that traitor, it is all the more clear that you belong in his time, not ours. You are just as un-American as he was. America has gotten rid of most of your ilk, as proved by Obama's election. The few of you that remain will have to deal with reality. And you have the audacity to mention God along with your lies, blatant racism and fear-mongering. And don't start whining about being falsely accused of racism. Give one example of where Obama falsely played the race card. He NEVER has. If you are going to be such a vile race-baiter, at least be man/woman enough to own up to it. May God help you. Oh, best wishes to Richard.

Posted by: InCogNi at January 25, 2009 5:19 PM