November 7, 2008
Is Obama's 'civilian national security force' a ruse for something far more sinister?Topics: Political News and commentaries
WND reports that President-elect Barack Obama raised questions during an election campaign stop in Colorado Springs when he repeated what he's said before, that the U.S. needs a "civilian national security force" that would be as powerful, strong and well-funded as the Army, Marines, Navy and Air Force. Obama has been unclear as to what the purpose of such a "force" would be and vague as to what it would actually involve. However, Obama's vague and often shadowy past, his associations, and his prior rhetoric, foretell of something far more sinister that would include putting impressionable youth through a course of brainwashing, and pro-Marxist activities.
As WND reported back in September:
The tax-funded Chicago organization (Public Allies - called "Michelle's boot camp for radicals" by IBD ) cited as a probable model for programs to integrate youth into the social and political world under an Obama tenure in the White House is the epitome of "Big Brother " that shovels impressionable youth through a course of brainwashing, according to critics.Via WND's piece on November 6, it just gets more frightening:
The organization is called Public Allies and Democratic presidential nominee Sen. Barack Obama was a founding member of the board of directors in 1992. He later resigned and his wife became executive director of the group.
According to an editorial in Investor's Business Daily, Obama plans to use the non-profit, which is funded partly by the federal government and is featured on Obama's campaign website, as the model for a national service corps, called the "Universal Voluntary Public Service."
The Blue Collar Muse blog commented, "In 2007, the U.S. Defense budget was $439 billion. Is Obama serious about creating some kind of domestic security force bigger and more expensive than that? The questions are legion and the implications of such an organization are staggering! What would it do? According to the title, it's a civilian force so how would it go about discharging 'national security' issues? What are the Constitutional implications for such a group? How is this to be paid. ... The statement was made in the context of youth service. Is this an organization for just the youth or are adults going to participate? How does one get away from the specter of other such 'youth' organizations from Nazi Germany and the former Soviet Union when talking about it?"
Obama's Colorado Springs speech was about a "call to service."
WND also reported Obama's "Universal Voluntary "Public Service" program promoted on his campaign website.
According to an editorial in Investor's Business Daily, Obama plans to use an existing group called Public Allies as a model for his national effort.
"Big Brother had nothing on the Obamas," said IBD. "They plan to herd American youth into government-funded re-education camps where they'll be brainwashed into thinking America is a racist, oppressive place in need of 'social change.'"
The organization itself doesn't seem that alarming. It describes itself as serving communities "while developing better leaders for tomorrow." Young adults are placed in "community leadership" posts with various agencies and given weekly "training." They get $1,800 plus health and child care.
But IBD warned the real mission is something else.
The aim, the editorial said, "is to radicalize American youth and use them to bring about 'social change' through threats, pressure, tensions and confrontation - the tactics used by the father of community organizing, Saul 'The Red' Alinsky."
Jerome Corsi, a WND columnist and the author of the No. 1 New York Times best-seller "The Obama Nation," agreed. He said the overall intent of the program is much the same as the goals of William Ayers, an Obama colleague and unrepentant radical who worked with the Illinois Democrat on funding public education programs.
"Remember, Obama has followed Saul Alinsky's ultimate advice," Corsi explained. "Saul Alinsky said radicals like Jerry Rubin and Abbie Hoffman could not organize a picnic. Alinsky told his radicals to cut their hair, buy business suits and run for public office," he said.
"Ayers and Obama are both aimed at producing radical socialist change from within - working today to radicalize our institutions, instead of bombing them. Alinsky considered this approach to be much smarter because it was more likely to produce lasting 'change' and less likely to produce a backlash. In other words, the Alinsky-trained radical could apply more easily the Machiavellian technique of lying by denying they were pursuing radical goals if they appeared to be members in good standing of the establishment they were trying merely to 'change,'" Corsi said.
IBD cited statistics from Public Allies itself, in which it boasted "our alumni are more than twice as likely as 18-34 year olds to ... engage in protest activities." The organization explains it already has dispatched 2,200 community organizers to agitate for "justice" and "equality" in Chicago, Cincinnati, Los Angeles and other cities.
I can't help but wonder how long it will be before freedom-loving moderate Democrats, Independents and the RINOs that voted for Obama, take a leap back into reality and ask themselves just what in the hell have they done to their country by handing over our government to the Barack Obama.
Posted by Richard at November 7, 2008 7:42 AM
Ask any Cuban, and he'll tell you that Obama's "Civilian National Security Force" stinks to high heavens of a Castro-styled "Revolutionary Civilian Defense Communist Militia" or non-regulars "MILICIANOS" - a communist Paramilitary force like Castro's, and Chavez's, not bound to the chain of command of the Military, but beholden only to their communist "Leader"...much like the German SS was only beholden to the "Führer" in Germany during the Nazis!
And judging by the "Che-styled" black berets, Guerrilla Fatigues, and billy-clubs, worn by those two "Black Panther" thugs, that were intimidating voters in that Precinct in Pennsylvania, that is precisely what Obama has in mind!
Alarming, isn't it!
May our Armed Forces, if, God forbid, it ever comes to that, remember their pledge to defend us from "...enemies foreign and DOMESTIC" to save our Republic!
God help us!
Posted by: Althor at November 7, 2008 9:24 AM
bigger = more people.
1 - he will bring back the draft.
draft men women and gays.
and offer civilian or military service.
2 - he will require high school kids to work 50 hours per year in "COMMUNITY ORGANIZATIONS" - and he will select CO's like ACIRN to run it and FUND THEM WITH SEVERAL BILLION but pay the kids ZERO.
Posted by: reliapundit at November 7, 2008 10:38 AM
As soon as the new government is in power, they will attempt to implement their program before resistance can be organized. First 100 days, emulating the last attempt to subvert our government by elected socialists. I believe there are 9 items on that agenda:
1) Confiscating 401k savings accounts. In last depression (dominated by socialist FDR) government started taking money from paychecks to put into Social Security for retirement. Over the years, in order to get votes, Congress took that money & gave it to those who didn’t contribute. 401k retirement accounts were started because Social Security was going broke. Social Security will still be deducted from paychecks. Argentina just announced similar move.
2) Illegal immigration. This power hungry coalition of Marxists will promote citizenship asap to as many as 11,000,000 illegal immigrants, who as history shows will demonstrate their gratitude by voting Demo for generations. We don’t have unskilled jobs anymore as we did at turn of last century when we could and did assimilate millions of immigrants.
3) National healthcare jammed down our throats. With no opposition in the politburo we’ll be saddled with EU style health system. No thanks. The statistics used to advocate such a disaster are not accurate and NO DISCUSSION is made public. Despite all the flaws, our healthcare is better. Thank you.
4) Capital gains. In speeches THE O has proposed taxes that will destroy small business -- “to be fair.” US econ system has created many more jobs than EU.
5) Universal Voluntary Public Service. Obama’s Public Allies organization is the model for paying young people, not to learn a trade, skill, or to produce anything useful, but to train as agitators to get out the vote & demand “rights” (not in our Constitution but in the one that will come if they stay in power).
6) Military. The world is in precarious unrest. Mistakes were made but proposals to withdraw military immediately will be bloodbath for millions whether or not you agree with how we got there.
7) Cap & trade. CO2 as a cause of global warming is a hoax. In January O threatened to bankrupt the coal industry (50% of electricity in US generated by coal). Need all sources of energy to be developed as at some point oil will run out. Need more than 1 solution.
8) Card check. Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA H.R. 800) would remove right of employees to request secret-ballot election in deciding union representation and mandate arbitration within 90 days. All decisions would be in hands of arbitrators who have less knowledge of the business and workers doing it and bear no burden for bad decisions. It was unions who crippled auto and other industries in US & unions which crippled job development in EU.
9) Fairness Doctrine Sen Schumer leads charge to crush talk radio which has been the only broadcast media in US to question the Obama proposals. The Dems would impose regulations, rules and penalties to impose their commie views and restrict, prohibit dissenting opinions.
The corporate media has become PRAVDA. They are obviously backing all of this & we wonder why? What’s going on? All opposition has been crushed. Libertarian Party was not on ballot in 3 states where Federal Courts did not even hear the cases. In Texas for example neither Dems nor Pubs filed their election documents in time to get on the ballot but they were included anyway. The Libertarian lawsuit was dismissed without hearing. PRAVDA said nothing.
All of this makes me afraid.
Yours in Liberty
Posted by: Bhoy at November 9, 2008 1:30 AM
I have already predicted that by Obama's first State of the Union address he will be feeling a massive backlash from people whose 401K's he has seized or is threatening to seize. This honeymoon is destined to be very short lived.
I can tell you right now that I, and everyone I count as friends, will resist with force any "Brownshirt" organization Obama tries to create. We simply need to resist this commie bastard for 24 months and get enough republicans back in congress to resist the final 24 months of this coup. And that is exactly what I see this as being. An attempted communist take over of the United States and it's constitution- Neither of which I will stand by and let happen.
I hate to say it, but I have said before, Obama is sowing the seeds of a second American civil war. He can try to push his feel good liberal crap and we can resist that, but the minute he goes after the 2nd amendment, or begins to subvert the tenants of the US Constitution, we will be honor bound to stop him by whatever means necessary.
I know how melodramatic this all sounds and I am not one given to hysterics by any means, but this is serious folks, more serious than most of the idiots who voted for him realize.
I can already see his inexperience coming through and it's going to bite him square on the arse within 90 days of his inauguration. Mark my words.
Posted by: Kevin at November 9, 2008 12:33 PM
If you think our military will protect us from anything you may as well leave now. The military follows orders first, our constitution second as we seen in New O a few years back. There will be no war and if Den Furher Obama wants it, it will happen. When the second amendment ban hits, I won't be here for much of it. I have sworn with my birth right to protect the constitution and I will to it, or my death.
Posted by: IMarmed at November 10, 2008 11:48 PM
Don't anyone find it curious that Obama wants to cut our military budget by 25%, yet he want to build a national Security force just as powerful as our military? He knows that our military is chartered to protect the constitution of the US. He needs his own army to accomplish his Marxist goals. I cannot believe that I would live to see the day that a bunch of stupid Barach-opods fell for this and installed a dictator. We will now have to hope that the remaining 57 million will be prepared for whatever action is necesary.
Posted by: Adam at November 11, 2008 10:53 AM
Articles Related to Political News and commentaries:
- Is Obama's 'civilian national security force' a ruse for something far more sinister? - Nov 07, 2008