April 22, 2008
Costs Of Illegal Aliens Approaching Cost Of War In IraqTopics: Iraq
We hear a lot from the Democrats about the cost of the Iraq war, which according to the CRS Report for Congress (February 2008) is expected to run about $526 billion this year. What we don't hear much about is what Congress costs us each year through years of their liberal programs and policies (with more than a little help from the failure of the Bush administration to protect our borders). Thanks to a poster at Free Republic who has gone to the trouble of coming up with some facts to share and pass around, we can now all have a better perspective to compare the economic cost of illegal immigration programs and policies to the cost of the war in Iraq. These alone are shocking enough.
The title of the piece is a bit misleading because the costs of the war in Iraq do in fact run more. However, the war in Iraq is a necessity because Iraq Is The Central Front Of Al Qaeda's Global Campaign (since they lost free use of Afghanistan) and it is key in fighting radical Islam (read today's AP article, "Al-Qaida No. 2 says group still targeting the West). However, the illegal aliens in our country are not only not a necessity, they are uninvited, unwanted, harmful to our country, and a exponentially (in a practical sense) growing economic drain. (I have not checked the quality of all the links below, but those that I have do appear relevant.)
[...] WHAT COSTS MORE PER YEAR THAN THE IRAQ WAR! (HT "Buggy02" at FR)I hope the following 14 reasons are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I have included the URL's for verification of the following facts: This should be one of the top three major issues in this year's Presidential (war, illegal immigration, economy/recession).
1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year.
2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of English!
5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare and Social Services by the American taxpayers.
9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two-and-a-half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.
11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroin and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border. (Homeland Security Report).
12. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."
13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
14. "The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States".
Total cost is a whooping... $338.3 BILLION A YEAR!!!
[...] Social Security Change For 2008
The United States Senate voted to extend Social Security Benefits to Illegal Aliens beginning in 2008.
Now, the following are the senators who voted to give illegal aliens Social Security benefits. They are grouped by home state. If a state is not listed, there was no voting representative. You will notice that of those that voted 38 were Democrats and 11 Republicans. All of the Senators that are running for President in 2008 voted for this change. Don't make one to optimistic about the future of America, does it?
Alaska: Stevens (R)
Arizona : McCain (R)
Arkansas : Lincoln (D) Pryor (D)
California : Boxer (D) Feinstein (D)
Colorado : Salazar (D)
Connecticut : Dodd (D) Lieberman (D)
Delaware : Biden (D) Carper (D)
Florida : Martinez (R)
Hawaii : Akaka (D) Inouye (D)
Illinois : Durbin (D) Obama (D)
Indiana : Bayh (D) Lugar (R)
Iowa : Harkin (D)
Kansas : Brownback (R)
Louisiana : Landrieu (D)
Maryland : Mikulski (D) Sarbanes (D)
Massachusetts : Kennedy (D) Kerry (D)
Montana : Baucus (D)
Nebraska : Hagel (R)
Nevada : Reid (D)
New Jersey : Lautenberg (D) Menendez (D)
New Mexico : Bingaman (D)
New York : Clinton (D) Schumer (D)
North Dakota : Dorgan (D)
Ohio : DeWine (R) Voinovich (R)
Oregon : Wyden (D)
Pennsylvania : Specter (R)
Rhode Island : Chafee (R) Reed (D)
South Carolina : Graham (R)
South Dakota : Johnson (D)
Vermont : Jeffords (I) Leahy (D)
Washington : Cantwell (D) Murray (D)
West Virginia : Rockefeller (D), by Not Voting
Wisconsin : Feingold (D) Kohl (D)
SEND THIS TO ALL YOU KNOW. THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF THE UNITED STATES NEEDS TO KNOW THIS INFORMATION, UNLESS THEY DON'T MIND SHARING THEIR SOCIAL SECURITY WITH FOREIGN WORKERS who didn't pay a dime.
Posted by Richard at April 22, 2008 6:25 AM
Articles Related to Iraq:
- Costs Of Illegal Aliens Approaching Cost Of War In Iraq - Apr 22, 2008