June 22, 2007
Help Fight To Save America From The Effects Of Illegal ImmigrationTopics: Immigration and Border Issues
Nancy Mathis at American Daughter emailed this over for posting, and says we must prevent the Senate from giving amnesty to 20 million lawbreakers, bankrupting our social programs, and diluting our national values beyond recognition. She describes what's going on in Washington now as a cynical shell game designed to confuse the American people, and points to the pro-amnesty senators for bringing the reviled immigration bill S. 1348 back to the Senate floor under a new number, S. 1639.
Here are the ways she suggests we fight to save our country, and suggests that we don't just do one of them. Do all of them:
1. Sign Sen. James Inhofe's petition to members of the U.S. Senate urging them to reject amnesty for illegal aliens and bolster national security. The petition reads:
Members of the United State Senate,
I am one of the millions of Americans who believes our first priority as a nation should be to secure our borders by enforcing existing laws. Amnesty is not the solution.
I urge you to vote against the immigration reform bill currently being considered in the Senate and to oppose any future effort that undermines our national security or grants amnesty to millions of illegal immigrants.
Click here to add your name.
2. Telephone the local offices of both of your senators asking them to vote NO on cloture for S. 1639.
3. Telephone the Washington DC offices of both of your senators asking them to vote NO on cloture for S. 1639. You can contact all of the Senators' D.C. offices by calling the toll-free switchboard at 1-866-340-9281.
4. Email the offices of both of your senators asking them to vote NO on cloture for S. 1639. Web pages for all of the senators with email contact forms are listed here.
5. Send a fax to both of your senators asking them to vote NO on cloture for S. 1639. The quick and easy way to do this is by visiting the website of NumbersUSA. [NumbersUSA is supported by donations and anyone can visit and select from their "buffet" of faxes at no cost.]
6. Telephone the White House expressing your opposition to the current immigration legislation in the Senate. Here are the White House Phone Numbers:
7. Email the White House expressing your opposition to the current immigration legislation in the Senate.
Email the White House
If this seems like a lot of effort in your busy life, just remember that our young men are fighting, and in some cases dying in horrific ways, to preserve our country. All you have to do is make a few phone calls and use your computer a bit.
Posted by Richard at June 22, 2007 1:56 PM
Articles Related to Immigration and Border Issues: