March 27, 2007
How To Stay Stressed And SickTopics: Health Issues
Interested in increasing your risk for reduced immune function, cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and even flu? Not a problem, just keep yourself in a constant state of stress. Sandra Kiume at Psych Central offers a few pointers, and says that you should practice the following clinically proven methods:
Other factors that can help you stay stressed include loss of sleep.
- NEVER EXERCISE. Exercise wastes a lot of time that could be spent worrying.
- TAKE PLENTY OF STIMULANTS. The old standards of caffeine, nicotine, sugar, [energy drinks] and cola will continue to do the job just fine.
- GET RID OF YOUR SOCIAL SUPPORT SYSTEM. Let the few friends who are willing to tolerate you know that concern yourself with friendships only if you have time, and you never have time. If a few people persist in trying to be your friend, avoid them.
- PERSONALIZE ALL CRITICISM. Anyone who criticizes any aspect of your work, family, dog, house, or car is mounting a personal attack. Don't take time to listen, be offended, then return the attack!
- PROCRASTINATE. Putting things off to the last second always produces a marvelous amount of stress.
If you're interested in learning how vulnerable you are to stress, take this stress questionnaire.
Posted by Richard at March 27, 2007 8:57 AM
Articles Related to Health Issues:
- How To Stay Stressed And Sick - Mar 27, 2007