February 12, 2007
The Plan To Destroy America Is Moving Along NicelyTopics: Immigration and Border Issues
While contemplating all the reporting on illegal immigration and what to do about it, ex-Colorado Governor Dick Lamm gave a speech at a population conference in Washington DC, way back in 2004. The editors at Family Security Matters (hat tip - The Right Truth) believe it warrants repeating (shown here in abbreviated form):
I have a secret plan to destroy America. If you believe, as many do, that America is too smug, too white bread, too self-satisfied, too rich, let's destroy America. It is not that hard to do. History shows that nations are more fragile than their citizens think. No nation in history has survived the ravages of time. Arnold Toynbee observed that all great civilizations rise and they all fall, and that "an autopsy of history would show that all great nations commit suicide." Here is my plan:
1. We must first make America a bilingual-bicultural country. ... no nation can survive the tension, conflict, and antagonism of two competing languages and cultures. It is a blessing for an individual to be bilingual; it is a curse for a society to be bilingual. ... histories of bilingual and bicultural societies that do not assimilate are histories of turmoil, tension, and tragedy. Canada, Belgium, Malaysia, Lebanon ---- all face crises of national existence in which minorities press for autonomy, if not independence. Pakistan and Cyprus have divided. Nigeria suppressed an ethnic rebellion. France faces difficulties with its Basques, Bretons, and Corsicans.The editors at Family Security Matters suggest that America is well on its way to being destroyed, and say that we need to be asking ourselves and members of Congress why we are allowing the plan to destroy America to be implemented.
2. I would then invent "multiculturalism" and encourage immigrants to maintain their own culture. I would make it an article of belief that all cultures are equal: that there are no cultural differences that are important. I would declare it an article of faith that the black and Hispanic dropout rate is only due to prejudice and discrimination by the majority. Every other explanation is out-of-bounds.
3. We can make the United States a "Hispanic Quebec" without much effort. The key is to celebrate diversity rather than unity. ... I would encourage all immigrants to keep their own language and culture. I would replace the melting pot metaphor with a salad bowl metaphor. It is important to insure that we have various cultural sub-groups living in America reinforcing their differences rather than Americans, emphasizing their similarities.
4. Having done all this, I would make our fastest growing demographic group the least educated - I would add a second underclass, un-assimilated, undereducated, and antagonistic to our population.
5. I would then get the big foundations and big business to give these efforts lots of money. I would invest in ethnic identity, and I would establish the cult of Victimology.
6. I would establish dual citizenship and promote divided loyalties. I would "celebrate diversity." "Diversity" is a wonderfully seductive word. It stresses differences rather than commonalities. Diverse people worldwide are mostly engaged in hating each other - that is, when they are not killing each other.
7. Then I would place all these subjects off limits - make it taboo to talk about. ... Having made America a bilingual-bicultural country, having established multiculturalism, having the large foundations fund the doctrine of "Victimology," I would next make it impossible to enforce our immigration laws. I would develop a mantra - "that because immigration has been good for America, it must always be good." I would make every individual immigrant sympatric and ignore the cumulative impact.
8. Lastly, I would censor Victor Davis Hanson's book "Mexifornia." This book is dangerous -- it exposes my plan to destroy America. So please, please -- if you feel that America deserves to be destroyed - please, please - don't buy this book!
I happen to agree with ex-Colorado Governor Dick Lamm and the FSM editors, and am disgusted with our politicians for failing to give us anything but empty rhetoric and political spin. There isn't a lot of time left to make meaningful changes to prevent this plan from happening.
See the full article here.
Posted by Richard at February 12, 2007 10:43 AM
Pick up any text on international relationtions and you'll find that "bilingual-bicultural" countries are at a decided disadvantage within the global economy. Canada is a prime example...
Posted by: nate at February 12, 2007 2:52 PM
Nate, another example:
A Comparative Look at Bilingual-Bicultural Education in Mexico and Guatemala.
Posted by: Richard at February 12, 2007 3:59 PM
Articles Related to Immigration and Border Issues:
- The Plan To Destroy America Is Moving Along Nicely - Feb 12, 2007