November 21, 2006
It's That Time Again - More Muslim Outrage: Six Muslims Removed From Flight 'for Praying'? (Updated)Topics: Understanding Islam
In Arabic? I know, I know, Muslims only pray in Arabic - but think about the possibility that, at least in the minds of fundamentalists like many that attended the conference (as we will surely find out to be the case - after all, CAIR is involved) - there is a built-in agenda within the ummah. (Update via Flopping Aces - They were NOT moderates)
And think about the fact that this is an English-speaking country. How did the 6 imams expect people to react to Muslims standing up in an airplane and speaking in Arabic? Is it just a wee bit possible that their act has an element of an agenda on their part?
And guess who's outraged:
Ibrahim Hooper, spokesman for the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations, expressed anger at the detentions.Yes, we're talking about the Ibrahim Cooper that made news when he was quoted by the Minneapolis Star Tribune as wanting to see the United States governed by sharia law. And as for CAIR, don't get me started. We're talking about the CAIR whose record includes the following unpleasantries:
"CAIR will be filing a complaint with relevant authorities in the morning over the treatment of the imams to determine whether the incident was caused by anti-Muslim hysteria by the passengers and/or the airline crew," Hooper said. "Because, unfortunately, this is a growing problem of singling out Muslims or people perceived to be Muslims at airports, and it's one that we've been addressing for some time."
Hooper said the meeting drew about 150 imams from all over the country, and that those attending included U.S. Rep.-elect Keith Ellison, D-Minneapolis, who just became the first Muslim elected to Congress. Shahin said they went as far as notifying police and the FBI about their meeting in advance.
* Apologizing for killers such as Hamas (a group associated with the murder of 7 Americans) and Usama bin Ladin (charged with the devastation of September 11, 2001).You'll find much more on CAIR here (also here and here).
* Helping promote terrorism: In the words of Steve Pomerantz., a former Chief of Counterterrorism for the FBI, "CAIR, its leaders, and its activities, effectively give aid to international terrorist groups."
* Intimidation of patriotic Muslims who disagree with CAIR's militant agenda: In one case (Sheikh Muhammad Hisham Kabbani), the FBI has looked into charges that he received death threats after renouncing the chauvinists. In another (Khalid Durán), CAIR's attack on a writer led to a death edict against him - which CAIR has never denounced. (For details on this latter case, see http://www.danielpipes.org/article/384.)
* Associating with terrorism: Siraj Wahaj, a potential unindicted co-conspirator in the World Trade Center bombing of 1993, sits on its advisory board.
* Bias against women: When a prosecutor in Cleveland argued that two Muslim men had engaged in the "honor killing" of their female cousin, CAIR accused him of "ethnic and religious stereotyping" and demanded he be investigated.
* Sponsorship of blatant antisemitism: At a May 1998 rally at Brooklyn College co-sponsored by CAIR, one speaker referred to Jews as "descendants of the apes."
The bottom line here is that you can bet your bottom dollar that this incident had an agenda, and fundamentalist Islam, and CAIR, has it's dirty hands all over it.
Hat tip - Harry Owens
Posted by Richard at November 21, 2006 11:49 AM
Articles Related to Understanding Islam:
- It's That Time Again - More Muslim Outrage: Six Muslims Removed From Flight 'for Praying'? (Updated) - Nov 21, 2006