May 26, 2006
U.S. Senate Goes To Hell In The Proverbial 'Handbasket' - Approves Citizenship To Illegal Aliens, Awards Them With Amnesty, And Guts Employer Enforcement And Fencing!!!Topics: Immigration and Border Issues
Every now and then there comes along a news story so disgusting and so self explanatory, that any commentary is redundant. This is one of those stories - the Senate's vote yesterday that allows 10 million illegal aliens to become citizens, doubles the flow of legal immigration each year and will cost U.S. taxpayers an estimated $54 billion over the next 10 years:
The leaders of both parties hailed the 62-36 passage as a historic success.Is the man totally nuts? Does he really believe that the American people are THAT gullible?
Majority Leader Bill Frist said the vote represented the "very best" of the Senate.
"This is a success for the American people," the Tennessee Republican said. "It is a success for people who hope to participate someday in that American dream."
Four Democrats -- Sens. Robert C. Byrd of West Virginia, Byron L. Dorgan of North Dakota, Ben Nelson of Nebraska and Debbie Stabenow of Michigan -- joined 32 of the chamber's 55 Republicans, including several members of the GOP leadership, to vote against the bill. Three of the four Democrats who opposed the bill face voters in November.We can't help but notice that the democrats who know that they have to face voters in November, voted against the bill. If that doesn't signal that they all know damned well this is against the interests AND wishes of the American people, then I don't know what does. This is the most disgusting vote one could ever imagine the collective body of the Senate passing.
Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting..... etc. (ad infinitum). Every single senator that voted for the bill needs to be earmarked for replacement - and that includes every damned Republican senator that voted for it, as well.
Has the entire U.S. senate gone nuts? As for McCain, he just tossed what tiny little chance he had at getting the Republican nomination for President, right out the window, and it landed in the dumpster!
So just how bad is the U.S. Senate's legislation? One columnist at the Washington Times calls it a "Shamnesty bill" that spells out the level of contempt the Senate has for middle-class Americans. This "comprehensive" bill includes:
• In-state tuition for illegal aliens. Your kid has to pay full freight if they cross state lines, but the illegal alien who broke into the country doesn't.And if this is bad enough, worry not - it just gets worse!
• All temporary guest workers have to be paid the prevailing wage. American citizens do not have to be paid prevailing wage.
• All agricultural guest workers under this bill cannot be fired by their employers except for what the bill calls "just cause." However, American agricultural workers can be fired for any reason.
• Illegal aliens are made eligible for Social Security. Not only will they receive retirement benefits, but their children will receive survivor benefits should the parents pass away. This is at a time when we are trying to keep Social Security solvent for the next generation.
• Expands the visa lottery program, which is itself a questionable way to make visa distribution decisions.
• Employers of illegal aliens get amnesty, too. Employers would be exempt from civil and criminal tax and criminal liability under immigration law. God forbid we hold employers accountable for helping illegal aliens break the law and being the magnet that has drawn them here for years.
• Taxpayer dollars to radical immigrant-rights groups so they can help illegal aliens adjust their status. Millions of your tax dollars will go to the same groups that organized those rallies where people who came here illegally waved foreign flags and thumbed their noses at our laws.
The Senate assures us we get "tough" border protections out of this bill. However, the Basic Pilot Verification Program, which would force employers to check to see that a person has the right to work in America was gutted, the fencing provisions were gutted and the bill expands chain migration.
Press "1" For English
Posted by Richard at May 26, 2006 9:49 AM
Articles Related to Immigration and Border Issues:
- U.S. Senate Goes To Hell In The Proverbial 'Handbasket' - Approves Citizenship To Illegal Aliens, Awards Them With Amnesty, And Guts Employer Enforcement And Fencing!!! - May 26, 2006