« Sydney: Shots Fired Into Catholic Christmas Celebration (Updated) | Main | The Media's War 'On America' »

December 13, 2005

HarryTho 12/13 Natalee Holloway Commentary (Updated)

Topics: Natalee Holloway

This evening, let us discuss the upcoming meeting in Washington, DC between the Aruban delegation and US Congressman Bacchus. On the surface, this meeting has been billed as briefing of the Alabama congressman as a result of a boycott of Aruba called by the Alabama Governor Bob Riley. Most of the cable news networks are airing that fear of the boycott compelled the Aruban authorities to comply with the wishes of the Alabama elected officials. And, I suppose, there is every reason to believe this to be the case. I mean, it is not like the Aruban position is given much representation by the "fair and balanced" American cable news networks.

So lets revisit what has occurred prior to this announcement. First, the Dutch Forensic Institute (DFI) has determined the Skeeter tapes to have been manipulated. Prior to this determination, the cable news networks provided great emphasis upon the condemning nature of their content. Those in possession and those publishing the tapes where touted as individuals of esteemed credibility and trustworthiness. If this were not the case in fact, it was certainly fabricated as fact by the cable news networks. Now, there is silence on the issue. I admit that Beth Twitty does manage to spout some twenty experts have since confirmed Jamie Skeeter's tapes as accurate. I only pray that Beth Twitty maintains and publishes a list of the experts that made those confirmations. American deserves to acknowledge those individuals, appropriately.

Second, we have the miraculous appearance of a letter, allegedly from Natalee Holloway, in which she describes in some detail why she ran away from her mother. Yet, it is not a recent letter. As it turns out, the letter was received back in September 2005, some two to three months ago. One can speculate all one desires upon the lag time, before it was taken seriously. However, one would be hard pressed to believe that an attorney (and almost a judge) would have discarded the letter as nonsense. The letter consisted of exculpatory evidence that would free his son from a potential murder suspicion which kept his son incarcerated already for 116 days. That was not the reason the letter was ignored, now was it?

Like the tapes and other miscellaneous items discovered and or manufactured in the case, the letter was sent to the DFI for authentication. How long it takes, I do not know. However we can assume that the DFI has been well-primed to handle anything sent to them from Aruba. The authentication process has been well-oiled and primed for speedy results.

What of the FBI's involvement with the letter? Well, the FBI receives leads constantly from all sources on all kinds of matters. It is conceivable that the FBI may not have had the time to even read the letter, unless it was set to a specific division handling the case. However, their only FBI announcement on the Natalee Holloway's disappearance reads as if they have had read and authenticated the letter. The FBI in their announcement only asks for information and distinctly points out that no one has been charged of anything in the case. The FBI just desire to know where Natalee is located.

Third, the Aruban judicial system has issued a writ silencing Police Chief Dompig over his infamous declaration that "he knows the boys are guilty" (or words to that effect) and just has to prove it. Clearly, this was a blow to the prosecution and the investigation.

Fourth, the Aruban authorities have lamented Beth Twitty's dissemination of information about the case that she was told in confidence, developing into a mistrust that ceased communication with the grieving mother. For whatever reason (political, of course), the Alabama elected officials have issued a boycott of Aruba over precisely the issue of the Aruban authorities not confiding privileged information to someone that has proven herself to be untrustworthy.

Fifth, I believe it is safe to say that after some six months of rigorous investigation, the Aruban authorities have acquired no evidence with which to prosecute the current suspects in the case. And, regrettably, they may have suppressed the only evidence exculpating the suspects and providing some light onto what happened to Natalee Holloway.

Lastly, we a get a rumor, eagerly published by the cable news networks, that the chief prosecutor in the case will be fired by this weekend. Naturally, our favorite Jossy Mansur, via his plethora of highly credible sources, promulgated the story. Actually, I think his sports editor's helicopter-escape adventure would have suited the Dairio much better. However, in every Jossy story there exists some kernel of truth.

So, why are the Aruban authorities meeting with Congressman Bacchus? Why is chief prosecutor Janssen getting fired? I will speculate that the letter has been authenticated. Natalee is alive and residing in the United States, beyond Aruban jurisdiction. In my opinion, the Aruba authorities are coming to the United States to review the case and inform Congressman Bacchus that Aruba is closing the case on Natalee Holloway's disappearance.

Karin Janssen, as chief prosecutor, will be taken off the case, as Jossy Mansur reports, because the case will be closed. Karin Janssen will go about her other duties as chief prosecutor. The case is over! Merry Christmas!

Update:Rita Crosby of MSNBC interviewed Steve Cohen, Pat Campbell and Carl Jeffers.

Steve Cohen related what led to Jossy Mansur's rumor about Karin Janssen. Apparently, the Attorney General and the chief prosecutor have been talking for about two months about the case. The Attorney General wants the case resolved. All that is happening, according to Steve, is that another prosecutor is coming in from Curacao to overlook the entire case and see if recommendations can be made to expedite its conclusion. Currently, Steve stresses that the case does not have sufficient evidence to bring to court. Steve explains the difference between the USA and Aruba in which all the evidence must be presented to a judge before the case comes to trial in Aruba; whereas, in the USA, the evidence unfolds as the trial proceeds.

On the upcoming trip to Washington, DC by the Aruban authorities, it will be a substantive and deep-background session. Congressman Bacchus will receive the a thorough an in-depth brief of the case. Although it has been promoted as a courtesy call, it is much more.

On Police Chief Dompig, Steve stated that he has taken a few days off, but he has not been removed form the case. Rita brought up the "these guys are guilty" line. Steve responded that Dompig is loquacious but extremely honest. Steve goes into the fact that the sentiment of all the avenues of exploration, some four or five, are treated equally. Right now, they are all progressing rigorously in order to determine the best course of action.

Pat Campbell feels that the Aruban delegation coming to Washington, DC is here for damage control. He discounts the boycott as having any effect, but its call has caused concern for a territory that relies upon some 75% of their income from American tourists. And he seems to sense a resolution to the case coming.

Lastly, Pat Campbell said that some cartoon character was running the investigation from the Vanity Fair article. Rita agreed with him, enthusiastically.

Carl Jeffers questions the boycott and the congressional involvement with the reference tactic: Will we do this for every child that goes missing? Also, he questions the appropriateness of the boycott against little Aruba: Would we use the same tactic against England or Sweden? He laughed off the boycott and cited many examples that truly turn the effort into a comedy of clowns.

Posted for HarryTho

Posted by Richard at December 13, 2005 9:26 PM

Harry, Now that is an interesting theory - of course listening to Rita MSNBC tonite they totally made this look like nothing of the sort. I would be absolutely thrilled if this was true - that Natalee is alive and it becomes the US problem - I pray that you are right!!

Posted by: Jan at December 13, 2005 10:07 PM

Hi Harry,
Gee I hope you are right Harry. I want this case over and I want Beth on the Hot seat. Also Skeeter in jail. I want Rita Cosby to have to eat her words of "The boys are guilty as HELL" she trys to put in everyones mouth. She even tried to get this new spokesperson Steve to say they were "guilty as HELL". She said that phrase at least three times in as many minutes. What is with this dipsy bleached blonde bimbo?

Posted by: flightoffancy at December 13, 2005 10:12 PM

Dear Jan:

I believe Friday of this week was chosen for a very good reason. Steve Cohen is a poker player. He is holding a good hand. I suspect he is just waiting for the draw (Natalee's letter!). And, I doubled-down on the draw.

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry Author Profile Page at December 13, 2005 10:16 PM

Case closed. Case is over. Except - Where is Natalee?

Posted by: np at December 13, 2005 10:30 PM

Dearest Harry...

Thank you for your commentary tonight.

I really think answers of where Natalee is, always rested in Alabama. I always felt this gal had ducked and ran, and someone close to Natalee assisted in her flight.

I still would like to know the reason why Marcia Twitty, hired her son, Thomas (and not his twin brother Hunter) an attorney, on May 31st, 2005. When Natalee was ONLY still considered a missing person. Thomas was also in a scuffle with Joran, on 2 occasions while on that island. Once in CnC's (not on the night nat disappeared) and once in the casino.

I personally think it is going to come out that Thomas played a HUGE role, in the reason why Natalee bolted. And I would even go as far as Natalee shared this information with Joran on the beach, and also in her letter.

Posted by: Donna at December 13, 2005 10:35 PM

Harry,

I feel probability that you are right is high, since (as Lazlo noted at http://p073.ezboard.com/ftheunusualsuspectsfrm7.showMessage?topicID=480.topic) your supposition is corroborated at http://www.aruba.com/phpNews/wmview.php?ArtID=623 : "Ron de Ruiter of the Team of Detectives of Utrecht South in formation, Hans Burgwal of “JJZ Paardenveld”, and Wim Henzen of the Criminal Investigation Department finish some formalities and then they formally close the Natalee Holloway case".

Np,

Once/if it is determoned that Natalee is hiding voluntarily, it becomes nobody's right to know where (beyond extent in which she chooses to disclose); it seems her choice is to limit disclosure to a domain of the US (which is also not nacessary true). That's it.

But for me the case won't be over - I believe perpetrators of such a scam have to be dealt with appropriately.

Posted by: George at December 13, 2005 10:42 PM

George, of course you are right. If Natalee is hiding voluntarily, it is nobody's right to know more than she wants to disclose. I realize I left that unsaid. In the question "where is Natalee", the answer could very well be that she is alive and safe, and voluntarily in an undisclosed location. It will be truly wonderful if that is the answer! Especially at this Season. I pray it is true.

Posted by: np at December 13, 2005 10:53 PM

If Natalee disappeared on her own George, she had every right to do so. So I don't think this was a scam perpetrated BY her. I don't believe she thought this would cause such a international incident as it did. And I don't believe she thought for ONE moment that her MOTHER would go way off base as she has. I think Natalee thought that her mother would of known, from Natalee's other attempts of running away, that this was just another one, but this time she was successful in her attempt, since neither her mother or her step-father was near, to find her, and drag her back home.

I honestly think that NATALEE is now to fearful to come forward, to let people know she is alive, for HER own reasons. She is afraid of people finding out the TRUE reasons why she felt THAT desperate to take the actions she did. Maybe she is trying to spare her mother heartache and embarrassment. Natalee figured she has tried telling her mother, through her actions....but her mother just out and out ignored the signs. Or it could possibly been her mother suspected some things, but rather lived in ignorant bliss.

These answers will come out..in time...and when it does..and IF Natalee is willing to come forward, to explain ALL..I think alot of people are going to BE shocked!

Posted by: Donna at December 13, 2005 11:00 PM

Donna, I cannot see what my words could be interpreted that Natalee might have participated in the scam. But I consider actions of other persons (not excluding Beth, albeit she may have not known where exactly Natalee is) to CONSTITUTE a scam.

Posted by: George at December 13, 2005 11:09 PM

Why in the world would she run away? She had graduated high school. Would be visiting her Dad, Robbin and sisters, and both grandmothers during the summer. Then off to college in August. Natalee had a promising future.

Posted by: mchenry at December 13, 2005 11:11 PM

To All:

There is a sweet moment coming for Aruba: If Natalee did runaway, then the Aruban authorities had it right from the beginning. I wonder if the talking heads on our cable news networks will ever recover for the embarrassing last six months of ridiculing the Aruban police and the Kingdom of the Netherlands.

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry Author Profile Page at December 13, 2005 11:12 PM

"If Natalee did runaway, then the Aruban authorities had it right from the beginning. I wonder if the talking heads on our cable news networks will ever recover for the embarrassing last six months"

Posted by: George at December 13, 2005 11:21 PM

..."I doublt if van Susteren, Grace, Cosby and alike characters would feel embarassed for THAT reason..."

I doubt if van Susteren, Grace, Cosby and alike characters could ever feel embarrassed for ANY reason.

They've accepted the pap (and often created the pap that is accepted) as the Gospel.

Posted by: Dayo Gould at December 13, 2005 11:34 PM

To George:

I pray you do not believe that the Kingdom of the Netherlands will let our cable news networks off the hook so easily. Some serious statements have been aired over the last six months. There will need to be an atonement. I would even go so far as to suggest that there might be shake up in the cable news networks. Also, I might even suggest that not all the information coming this week to Congressman Bacchus' office in Washington, DC will be good tidings.

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry Author Profile Page at December 13, 2005 11:38 PM

"there might be shake up in the cable news networks"

Harry,

I think there must be, and I would like to contribute to cause this happened; and I feel so do you. However, it is our American news networks that need a shake up, and I suspect the Kingdom of the Netherlands is not more in position to effect this than we are.

Posted by: George at December 13, 2005 11:48 PM

Oh Harry, I'm banking on this. I sure do hope you have been describing the TRUTH. This whole story has been hinky to me and just finally knowing Natalee is OK would be a great Christmas present for everyone!

betsy

Posted by: betsy at December 13, 2005 11:58 PM

Well, I would certainly like to see many lawsuits, starting with Beth and Jug; then the cable networks, esp Greta and more so the "bleached blonde bimbo" guilty as hell Rita. That's one dense $%#$% that needs to leave the Media. Mansur wasted alot of the ALE's time with trumped up phony witneses.
Possibly then, the folks at blogsfornatalee can reclaim their own brains and start to think for themselves, hang their heads in shame and slink into the sewers.

Posted by: i perp at December 14, 2005 12:06 AM

Hi Hary,

If your scenario is true. I pray that it is. I would submit to you that, when she has dispensed with whatever punishment is meted out for her, the mother will quit her school teacher job and go into sales. Not being disrespectful,(to the good sisters) this woman could sell birth control pills to cloistered nuns!

I am only curious to have these questions answered:
1. Why did she run?
2. Did the suspect know her before Aruba?
If he did why did he endure all the hell of incarceration for her? If he didn't how angry is he? How angry are the others?
3. Was she a party to this obvioius lie?
4. Do you think there will be a veritible plethora of lawsuits?
5. Will the country of Aruba sue the family? the
cable networks?
6. Why did everyone remain silent?
7. What is the deep dark secret everyone is trying to hide?

You have done a great job Harry and you host have been so gracious as to let us post. Let's hope you are 100% correct.

Thanks.

Posted by: Little Bo Peep at December 14, 2005 3:13 AM

'I mean, it is not like the Aruban position is given much representation by the "fair and balanced" American cable news networks.'

Harry, I'll try this again and hope this message doesn't get deleted as I write it.

The above statement ... I'll tell you what. I won't bother complimenting you on your articles. The feeling just isn't here anymore after someone watching me spend time writing a half written post deleted what I said. Never mind. I won't bother trying to re-create what I felt.

Posted by: Jim Hanson at December 14, 2005 3:29 AM

Posted by: George at December 13, 2005 11:21 PM

Come on George ... think about what you just said.

Posted by: Jim Hanson at December 14, 2005 3:41 AM

Posted by: George at December 13, 2005 11:21 PM

Come on George ... think about what you just said.

Posted by: Jim Hanson at December 14, 2005 3:42 AM

What is with this dipsy bleached blonde bimbo?

i really just hate the way she talks.

Posted by: lola at December 14, 2005 4:07 AM

It would have been nice if all suspects had choses to tell the truth from day one. But, that was not the case. How much time was wasted bacause of lies? Just my humble opinion.

Posted by: iwabwu Author Profile Page at December 14, 2005 4:12 AM

Posted by: iwabwu [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 14, 2005 04:12 AM

What, all the culpability for not telling the truth does not lie in Aruba, that's for sure. They said they left her on the beach. The people in Alabama are the one who should have told the truth. Wow. Have some more of the kool aid.

Posted by: dazed at December 14, 2005 4:16 AM

Sorry this was posted twice ... I was informed while trying to post it that "ABUSIVE" posters such as myself were allowed a certain amount of time before they were able to post again, due to what I was writing in a previous post when I was rudely interrupted while trying to comment on how brilliant Harry can be in his articles with his "dryness" that is so straightlined that it can go unnoticed. I mentioned that Harry can actually purloin the word "dry" from the English language, hide it for a moment, use it skillfully, then insert it back behind our backs. The sentence, which I failed to mention at the beginning of the post was THIS:

Does anyone here see what I mean? Did you see it before you ousted me out of my post?

My post was erased as I wrote it, the feeling left me and I didn't want to re-write it. To whoever erased what I wrote while I was writing it, perhaps you could and should have waited until I actually FINISHED what I was going to say. It was a COMPLIMENT. In certain situations, nice guys finish last ok. That could have been YOU. Let's forget it.

So when I reviewed more messages and posted the "two" above, after initially attempting to post it, I was told in a message about me being an abusive poster and my window told me I was "Done" ... so I tried posting it again, hence the TWO identical posts.

If I was sitting behind a server and watched someone type what I was typing, I would have waited for a POINT to the fact I stated at the beginning of the post, being that Harry had talent in more than one area, but I chose tonite to tell him how proud I was to see articles written by a man who manages in his own way to be unbiased and straight on, even though he manages to almost silently and indiscreetly inject how he personally feels through "dryness" with an example being:

Sorry Harry, I meant to pin a small personal medal on you before some human 'bot brain" decided to oust me out of my post while I was in the middle of it. Sorry this compliment sounds so nasty now.

The bottom line? You post your personal feelings into your articles like a warm, innocent summer breeze. Sorry if I'm an abusive poster.

Posted by: Jim Hanson at December 14, 2005 4:19 AM

Well, I just checked my two posts, now there is only one. Neatly edited there Mr whoever you are with your little mind games. Enough.

Posted by: Jim hanson at December 14, 2005 4:22 AM

I don't get it Jim Hanson! I do believe you are NOT a abusive poster. I enjoy your comments. Greetings to all, from Louiza

Posted by: Louiza at December 14, 2005 4:49 AM

Dear Harry
For sometime now I have been quite curious and go frequently to the site meter on different sites. I usually always see one reader from Barcelona, at different times and different sites.
I wonder....Natalee spoke Spanish fluently; just a funny feeling I got that it MIGHT be her. ??

Posted by: i perp at December 14, 2005 5:34 AM

I am only curious to have these questions answered:
1. Why did she run?
2. Did the suspect know her before Aruba?
3. Was she a party to this obvioius lie?
4. Do you think there will be a veritible plethora of lawsuits?
5. Will the country of Aruba sue the family? the
cable networks?
6. Why did everyone remain silent?
7. What is the deep dark secret everyone is trying to hide?

Thanks.

Posted by: Little Bo Peep at December 14, 2005 03:13 AM

I'll try to answer some:

1. She could have run from a number of reasons:
a. She don't like her mother and Jug
b. She don't like her mother, father, Jug
and Robin etc..
c. She could have been abused by ?????
d. She has a secret lover
e. She is pregnant (in combination with d.)
f. A dominant secret lover (ie he forced her
to runaway etc.. We all know the type
g. She is in a religious cult
2. It isn't likely that she knew Joran before she
went to Aruba. It is likely that she had an
internetlover and he could have been in Aruba
and has taken her away. Joran endured the
whole episode because he knew he was innocent.
I don't know if he is angry, maybe he knows
more about Natalee and that makes him less
angry at Natalee. I don't know how angry he
is at Beth etc.
3. Don't know
4. If lawyers find they have a case, you know
what they do..
5. Aruba might sue the family, but I think that
the US authorities might want the family in a
US/Alabama court. Depending on the usefullness
the might sue, but I don't think it will
change much. Aruba is a small country, the MSM
will forget them soon and then another small
country/business/person will the focus of
their attention
6. It is always wise to remain silent while
investigating. Even innocent people have
secret or skeletons in the closet.
7. That is everybody's guess!!

Well I hope my answers have cleared some things up for you, if the haven't...let me know!

Posted by: Also_Dutch at December 14, 2005 7:31 AM

That dominant secret internet lover may have been from Barcelona?? They are such handsome men; would not be hard to fall for one such, esp they are well spoken, know how to please, and heap alot of attention on females initially.....

Posted by: i perp at December 14, 2005 7:41 AM

I have to say after watching Rita last nite and alsoreading the VF article finally, how race relations comes into play in this case. Truly the VDS and the Aruban LE must have felt like the KKK was desendining on them back on June 1st - such behavior - I can just see Jug burning crosses and wearing the white sheet - they probably treated these policeman horendously - I doubt we have any idea - the slave comment by Natalee is telling to. then when one of th Rita's commenters, mentioned how badly the boycott was being perceived as far as race relations, well that just cemented this even more in my mind. I do not think many of us have any idea how horrible this whole thing has been for this country, in so many ways - and if this turns out to be a runaway case, well I hope the law suites go flying - I hope Aruba onws Faux and MSNBC - I hope Rita, Greta and Nancy disGrace - have to serve KIA time and we see Dompic, Julia, Tito and Shipper hosting those shows - and Paulus takes over for Nancy disGrace!! I am so thoroughly disgusted with this family and what they have done and really feel sorry for the whole island of Aruba!!

Posted by: Jan at December 14, 2005 9:30 AM

Hi Harry,

Firstly, I apologise that your name is spelled wrong in my post. I don't know how that happened.

Jim, I was posting at the same time as you. I made the post, my screen went white and after waiting a few minutes, loooking at a frozen screen I had to completely reboot. When I finally came back on I was shocked to see that my post had actually posted.
I would suspect that something was going on with the site at the time. So, i think you should wait for harry's explanation before you assume he was preventing your post. I have learned to wirte my post, copy and paste and then post, if something goes awry, then I still have my post.
I understand why you would compliment harry, he and his hosts have done a tremendous job with this and in bringing out other information that you can't find anywhere else. so Thanks so much!

Posted by: Little Bo Peep at December 14, 2005 11:16 AM

Posted by: Jan at December 14, 2005 09:30 AM

I have been attempting to figure out what happened to the cable networks. I had such hope that Faux would indeed be "fair and balanced" The kids of this country get their news from the internet and they read accounts of our news from overseas. They don't trust our media. They feel we are "spoon fed" and "only told what 'they think we should know". I used to defend the cable media. Yes, the MSM are not so good but, at least some make a stab at investigative journalism. Cable seems to have become a balance for the soap operas which play opposite them, in other words they are now the 'soap opera" of the news industry.
Interestingly enough, several theorists have predicted what is happening to our ability to be able to acquire true and verifiable information.
As Marshall McLuhan said "The ignorance of how to use new knowledge stockpiles exponentially." Doesn't that just about sum up what has gone on?
Harry, thanks for engaging my mind, your roshomon posting sparked several lively personal discussion which were, dare I say, just plain fun~!

Posted by: Little Bo Peep at December 14, 2005 11:34 AM

Posted by: iwabwu at December 14, 2005 04:12 AM

Posted by: iwabwu [TypeKey Profile Page] at December 14, 2005 04:12 AM

Posted by: dazed at December 14, 2005 04:16 AM

anyone who thinks this CRAP of her running away, doesnt drink Kool Aid..its called BOOZE..

you people need serious help, really..God Bless all of you boozers

Posted by: ziti noodle at December 14, 2005 12:55 PM

you people need serious help, really..God Bless all of you boozers

Posted by: ziti noodle at December 14, 2005 12:55 PM

Ziti, do you have any hard evidence to prove that she didn't run away? Do you have any hard evidence to prove she was murdered? You have NO evidence of anything whatsoever in this case, just like everyone else. What I see from your small post is proof of one thing though: You've been brainwashed by the Twitty Media Corp. I would suggest you wander back to Scared Monkeys, where you feel right at home, slandering Aruba and anything that has to do with that country. Recess is over ziti. Time to get back to your classes.

Posted by: Jim Hanson at December 14, 2005 2:04 PM

Dear Jim:

First, I have no idea what happened to your post that got deleted. Second, all blogs have built-in defense mechnisms for overuse and time delays. What could have happened is that you were posting for so long that a time delay activated and signed you out. It happens to me during a post where I get sidetracked in research. Third, as for the "abusive poster" comment, the vocabulary of the defense mechanisms is quite small. I believe that their technical advancement stage equates nicely to the early days of dog training. Fourth, your posts generally are quite long as compared to most other posters. The blog's defense mechanism will detect the difference.

My recommendation would be to make shorter posts and allow some time between your post.

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry Author Profile Page at December 14, 2005 2:10 PM

from Amigoe: http://www.amigoe.com/english/aru_late_news.htm#Police%20union%20enraged%20by%20writ%20against%20public%20speaking
(scroll down)

Justice-minister Rudy Croes is apparently so afraid of the US; every fart which appears to be negative for the Twitty family, has to be overruled and surpressed by this minister. It's already rediculous this case went forth on a political level. I understand he has reasons to kiss the *sses of the USA; but he becomes a fruitcake by himself among all other fruitcakes in this case. And what's the reason to settle another person to overlook this case when it's already done by others?

Posted by: Hollandaise at December 14, 2005 4:50 PM

Hollandaise,

I think you and the article in Amigoe are overlooking some substantial circumstances of issuing the writ. The motion for that writ has been filed by Joran's attorney as a result of Dompig's repeated assertions on US TV that boys "are guilty".

Posted by: George at December 14, 2005 5:26 PM

Forgot to answer the second question. The reason to invesgate investigations is the court finding that prosecution may have withheld evidence exonerating suspects; IIRC the respective motion has been filed by Deepak's attorney.

Posted by: George at December 14, 2005 5:31 PM

Dear Litle Bo Peep & Also_Dutch:

I have responded to some extent to your questions in this evening's editorial.

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry at December 14, 2005 5:49 PM

IF YOU ARE A CHAPERONE OR GREAT MBK & U SEE NAT. WHO HAS SO MUCH CLASS , DANCING ON A BAR (IN A MINI DRESS) & HAVING STRANGER SUCKING JELLY SHOTS (THAT THEY HAVE PICTURES OF)FROM HER BELLY.WOULD U KEEP AN EYE ON HER ??? IF SHE SAID SHE WAS FINE LEAVING WITH 3 GUYS & AND U DID NOTHING TO HELP HER WOULD YOU FEEL GUILTY??

Posted by: rib at December 14, 2005 5:59 PM

Posted by: rib at December 14, 2005 05:59 PM

As a parent and a responsible chaperone, I would make sure this gal, was put into a cab,with someone else, possibly 2 others, and sent back to the hotel PRONTO. Especially if this was SOO out of character, that she would be acting this way. Who knows, the chaperones were probably cheering this behavior on. I guess some of these so called "chaperones" were not much older than Natalee herself. I am sure they were also drunk, and they were not thinking clearly themselves.

IF I stood by, and watched this scene, and didn't do ANYTHING to thwart Natalee from leaving the 3 young men, then YES I would FEEL some guilt. However, HER own mother told one chaperone/friend of Beth, NOT to hover over Natalee, and let her have all the space she wanted. So that may be EXACTLY what they did.

I think the GUILT should lie on the shoulders of the parent/step-parent that ALREADY knew the dangers of what happens on these whole week, non-stop partying, drinking, staying out all night, bedhopping, and gambling "ANYTHING GOES", WILD weeks..down in Aruba. After all they were for-warned by Jugs own son. And apparently even Beth and Jugsy have taken trips to Aruba.

Posted by: Donna at December 14, 2005 6:52 PM

Dear Donna:

As this evening's editorial will convey, the Mountain Brook students would have allowed Natalee to enter a car with Joran and the Kalpoes.

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry at December 14, 2005 7:38 PM

@ Jim your posts are great.
Monsieur Harry,
It will be interesting to know what could happen with Mansur in the case that they find him guilty for the complot with the Twitty/Hollaways?
About the chaperons they can take as a defense that Natalee is consider adult 18, and they could not act against her will.
IMO they had everything plan before the trip. That a plane is going to be waiting for me and my friends with gas, everybody ready with a luggage made, it supposed to be business people with, appointments, obligations, schedule to make or were they expecting that incident???
For Mrs. Janssen, I truly believe that she is assign to her duties, because the case is over. Now coming from Mansur? The gardener? The belt? Bone? Think the best is to wait & see from your sources or wait for the meeting.
Merci your updates are great,
Antoinette

Posted by: antoinette at December 14, 2005 9:31 PM

The chaperones on the trip were teachers/coaches and their spouses. I believe (not certain) only one was at C&C on the night in question. And yes, the MBK that were at C&C have been dealing with tremendous guilt as you can surely imagine.

Posted by: jewels at December 14, 2005 9:43 PM

Dear jewels:

It is not guilt ... or at least, it is not the type of guilt that you would expect ... with which the Mountain Brook students are dealing. They knew!

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry at December 14, 2005 9:58 PM

I HOPE SO!

Posted by: rib at December 14, 2005 10:04 PM

To All:

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry at December 14, 2005 10:12 PM

"Greta of Fox News has been promoting that a deadline in January 2006 has been set for the Natalee Holloway case."

by whom? Have Aruban officials declared this?

George:
thanks for elaborating. :)

Posted by: Hollandaise at December 14, 2005 10:25 PM

I can only speak for a couple of the MBK and they just wish they had been present outside C&C when Nat left. I am not trying to be "disruptive," only passing on what I know. Harry, I don't know whether or not I am permanently on your naughty list? I enjoy reading your posts, just don't happen to agree with most of your posters. Because of that, should I not post my opinions, I am sincerely asking? I am neither an Aruba basher or a Beth basher! Just want justice for Natalee and her family!

Posted by: jewels at December 14, 2005 10:27 PM

I read in some on line source today that the letter would not be validated until Jan 2006 - would that not mean the trip to DC has nothing to do with the letter? And Greta had something about 60 days to conclude the case in Aruba - i thought they had 2 years?

Posted by: Jan at December 14, 2005 10:34 PM

Aruba Today gave 1/6 as the date they expect the letter to be authenticated.

Posted by: np at December 14, 2005 10:34 PM

Dear jewels:

I have no naughty list.

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry at December 14, 2005 10:49 PM

To All:

The 60-day ultimatum story is from none other than Jossy Mansur. Whatever we may think of Jossy, there is always a kernel of truth in his revelations. Despite his past performance, we learn this evening and from other media sources that the prosecution was given 60 days to discover new evidence that would revitalize the case. However, that 60-day notice was given about or month or more ago by the Attorney General to the chief prosecutor. It is conceivable that the 60 days are up this week.

As for the promulgation of the Natalee letter's authentication, I have not read or heard anything to date. To me, the early returns are already in by the actions of the Aruban authorities: it has been authenticated.

As reported the trip to Washington, DC will be a no-holds-barred, in depth brief of the case to Congressman Bacchus. Congressman Bacchus will be first to be told of the letter's authentication and other tasty details of the case.

With Aloha,

Harry

Posted by: harry at December 14, 2005 11:12 PM

Posted by: mchenry at December 13, 2005 11:11 PM

mchenry, did you live in the Twitty household?

Posted by: Jim Hanson at December 15, 2005 6:01 AM

Posted by: Donna at December 14, 2005 06:52 PM

Sorry Donna .. not true. No matter how Beth Twitty has reacted to this case, as well as the other family members, this is definitely not true.

Think about it one more time please ...

Posted by: Jim Hanson at December 15, 2005 6:12 AM