« On Our Black Robed Masters And The "Evolving Standards of Decency" | Main | Jawa Report: "Lawyers Kill Terri Schiavo" »

March 25, 2005

Terri Schiavo has begun to die

Terri Schiavo has begun to die, and it is a most gruesome and terrifying death indeed.

(...) her eyes are sinking into her skull, her skin is flaking, her tongue is  drying out. This, according to those who saw her yesterday in a Pinellas Park hospice where she lies bedridden and at the mercy(sic) of her caregivers(also sic).

Nineteen judges have failed to review the actions of one judge having a single agenda - kill Terri Schiavo and further the cause of euthanasia. All of the actions of the nineteen have been to only rule on the judge with an agenda, and to rule that he has the right to rule. Nothing was done de novo. No effort was ever made to review the real facts in the case, particularly, the basis upon which Judge George Greer made the determination that Michael Schiavo had provided clear and convincing evidence that Terri wanted to die - a ruling made on the basis of hearsay. Make sense? Others may in good faith believe otherwise, but for me, I will never understand the injustice of the justice applied in the sunset of Terri Schiavo's life.

Posted by Hyscience at March 25, 2005 11:28 AM

Jeez... about time I got some sense. I am such an idiot and just can't help myself. I have very little to say about anything that's productive. What ever I say just comes out babble. I plan to get counseling and work on it though.

Posted by: Andrew Moorhouse at March 25, 2005 12:19 PM

Thank you, Mr Moorhouse.

Can't you leave those of us that believed that there was a good chance this woman still had a consciousness to mourn her in peace? Especially since she'll still be a long time in dying. You may not care about how she feels, but we do.

May God comfort her in her suffering. May she find the care in heaven that she was never allowed on earth.

Posted by: little dragonette at March 25, 2005 1:00 PM

I was wondering what plans Rep. Delay and Pres. Bush had for protecting other people and their families in other states? Specifically Texas. That state allows for the hospital to determine when life sustaining treatment should end, even over family objections. Terri Schiavo would not have even made it out of a Texas Hospital. I am sure, given their recent stances, that Rep Delay and Pres. Bush are prepared to attack this legislation even though it is their home state and even though the Gov. Bush signed it into law in 1999. I know it is too late for Sun Hudson, 6 month old who died in his mother's arms, on March 15, 2005 at Texas Children's Hospital because hospital decided to remove his ventilator, over her objections. I am sure Bush and Delay are ready to act.

Posted by: Michael Puterbaugh at March 25, 2005 3:56 PM

I see that the propaganda machine is continuing to roll and give the wrong impression about the little boy Sun Hudson.

For Pete's sake, the people of Texas are afforded more protection than the people of Florida, especially after the application of Greer's Law (thou shalt not interfere with any of my decisions or you will go to jail). It is the ethics committee that must look at all of the facts of the case. The person has to be dying, and there has to be a prognosis that indicates further treatment is futile.

Sun Hudson was on a ventilator. He could not breathe by himself. Terri was not in a vegetative state. She was very cognizant to those who have been around her. She had a feeding tube because her husband would not allow her to be fed by mouth. The judge has ordered that she is not even allowed to suck on a face washer loaded with ice chips for relief of the pain and suffering that she is enduring.

Little Sun Hudson died peacefully in his mother's arms. Keeping him breathing on life support was futile. Terri, on the other hand is dying slowly and painfully because she is being starved and dehydrated to death.

Under the Texas law, the decision in one hospital does not happen immediately. There is a 10 day window that allows the family to remove the person to another facility. In Sun Hudson's case, no other facility could be found for him.

I am sure that this child's mother grieves for her son. I would suggest that people should leave her alone so that she can deal with her grief. She needs time to recognize the futility of trying to keep her son alive.

Terri's case is not even in the same ball park as these two cases. Florida does not have a law that would allow family to remove Terri to another facility. The guardianship laws in Florida give the guardian too much power and in this particular case it is obvious that there is an abuse of power. Despite what has been reported, Terri is in a concious state. She is not comatose, she is not PVS. She can feel pain. This is murder by judicial consent.

I do not believe that the legislation passed by Congress could affect in any substantial way a decision that has been mutually agreed and witnessed. The matter is not a private one, especially when the person who has pulled the plug has a motive to see his wife dead. It is in my view nonsense that a man with such an obvious motive for killing his wife should be allowed to determine her fate.

Posted by: Maggie4life at March 25, 2005 5:51 PM

Praying for comfort and ease of pain for Terri. I will pray with and for her until the last.

Posted by: Julie Pence at March 25, 2005 8:26 PM

I can only imagine the anguish her family feels. I only know I can't stomach what we are doing. I pray for Terri her family. And I pray for justice for Terri. From one heart broken mom and daughter

Posted by: Cheryl Campbell at March 26, 2005 1:35 AM

Can they appeal to feed Terri orally? I am praying that the Lord will feed her divinely until then.

Posted by: sujata at March 26, 2005 6:32 AM

Please APPEAL to spoon feed Terri

Sujata

Posted by: Sujata at March 26, 2005 11:19 AM

I think that it is very selfish on her family part to not let her die in peace. I do not think that it is the parents decision to over-rule her husband decision.
As for the time and date, none of us know the date and time that any of us will leave us, I have had 2 sisters to die of cancer and I know it is painful but that is the time for your faith.
Oh what little faith we have in God, always remember God makes no mistakes. As oppose to condeming the husband if as christians you think he has done something then pray for him not judge him and return god will do the same for you.

Posted by: Thea at March 26, 2005 10:24 PM