March 4, 2005
Schiavo DCF Document Released, Alleges Abuse and NeglectTopics: Terri Schiavo's Life Counts
Circuit Court Judge George Greer released the Department of Children Families document seeking intervention in the Terri Schiavo case.
The DCF document names Michael Schiavo as responsible for the mistreatment of his wife and quotes a different 34 page document containing allegations of abuse and neglect.
The complaint accuses Michael Schiavo of abuse, neglect and/or exploitation in pertinent part, including but not limited to:
1. Failure to file proper guardianship plan or report and the impact upon the health of the ward
2. Current confinement issues at the ward' residence
3. Failure to educate using certain therapies in violation of guardianship
4. Investigation of rehabilitation entitlements in light of technologies available
5. Denial of access to legal counsel on different occasions is a supervision issue never previously investigated and goes directly to health decisions.
6. Lack of communication/visitation is a maintenance of mental health and supervision issues.
7. Denial of legal notice to ward or ward's own counsel
8. Experimental procedures performed without proper medical and legal procedures observed
9. Lack of manipulation of the ward's arms causing sever contractures.
More here from the Tampa Tribune.
Posted by Hyscience at March 4, 2005 8:24 AM
Articles Related to Terri Schiavo's Life Counts:
- Schiavo DCF Document Released, Alleges Abuse and Neglect - Mar 04, 2005