« Mourners Fill Fla. Church to Remember Jessica Lunsford | Main | Terri Schiavo's Family Lawyers Drop Appeals: The two faces of death »

March 26, 2005

Fla. Supreme Court Dismisses Schiavo Appeal

How do you deny a Roman Catholic LAST RITES?

Answer: Be a member of the Florida Judiciary!

How does America differ from Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia regarding freedom and free exercise of one's faith?. How does a swamp judge stare down Congress, the president, and the governor of Florida?

Answer: Searching for answers!

Posted by Hyscience at March 26, 2005 10:46 PM

I would ask the President.

Posted by: Lynn at March 27, 2005 12:43 AM

As long as Terri is with us Its not to late.

Posted by: Lynn at March 27, 2005 12:47 AM

I think this is probably the lowest this man has sunk. To deny her of the sacred Last Rites of Eucharist is simply evil. Being Catholic, I know how very important this is. I also believe that God is with Terri and will bless her as if she had Last Rites and Eucharist. God knows all and sees all.

This is similar to 2003 when he refused Terri the right to Communion because she could choke on it. (sic)

Posted by: Sandy at March 27, 2005 1:22 AM

I used to wonder how the Christians of Nazi Germany sat back, mostly and did nothing much to stop the holocaust. I was very unforgiving of them. But will we and our generation of believers in this Nation be vilified the same way in History? Father, forgive us. I do feel frozen and immobile to help other than pray and pray for Terri and the Schindlers.

Posted by: Cindy at March 27, 2005 5:50 AM

Posted by: Cindy at March 27, 2005 5:51 AM

Is Gov. Bush playing fair? According to Thompson, Bush has the powers to start a criminal investigation against Michael Schiavo and seize her http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2005/3/25/151900.shtml

Posted by: sujata at March 27, 2005 7:44 AM

In fact, if various media reports are to be trusted, Ms. Schiavo was administered last rites when her feeding tube was removed. As it's unlikely that she'll be committing any mortal sins, that is a fulfillment of the need for the sacrament. Even priests do not give extreme unction repeatedly, over a short period of time.

My mother received extreme unction fully two years before she died.

Posted by: John Burgess at March 27, 2005 7:32 PM