« Opinion: Terri's Last Chance - It's time to try giving Terri Schiavo orally administered liquids. | Main | Quick Summary of Governor Bush's Press Conference and status of Terri-related events »

March 23, 2005

Breaking: DCF and Governor Bush have new information - Going back to Greer

The Governor of Florida, Jeb Bush, just completed a press conference with Tampa Bay media. He says that the Department of Children and Families, through Adult Protective Services are conducting an investigation of abuse against Terri Schiavo. As part of that, a neurologist by the name of Dr. Cheshire, observed Terri, lengthy videos of her and her case record. He has concluded that she is not in a persistent vegetative state. Rather, he felt she was minimally conscious if not functioning higher.

Needless to say, this is cause for tremendous alarm with Terri not receiving nutrition and hydration in more than 5 days.  There is a 3.45 pm hearing on this matter. Developing...

From Michelle Malkin morning's post on Terri Schiavo:
The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals refused to order the reinsertion of Terri Schiavo's feeding tube. A copy of the ruling is here (.pdf file). In her this week's column, she argues that the MSM's coverage of the case has been abysmal. She focuses in particular on ABC's coverage, including the biased poll that Ed Morrissey deconstructed on Monday. More questions about ABC's coverage here.

On the lighter side, Florida Cracker is all for hearsay evidence in Probate court. He clearly remembers all of you saying you'd want Florida Cracker to have your worldly goods when you die.

Hat tip - Michelle Malkin and Florida Cracker

Some content Cross posted at BlogsforTerri

Posted by Hyscience at March 23, 2005 3:50 PM

What an utterly horrible condition to be in. We should be exhausting all means to rehab her instead of trying to kill her. And what of her husband! Geeze she just had the cards stacked against here. It is very evident that after Terri spent two years in her “broken” state of consciousness that here husband was ready to “dispose” of her. He had grown tired of his vows of “for better or worse” and was plotting to engage the “untill death do us part” clause of the contract.

Posted by: Freaki at March 23, 2005 4:05 PM

blogs for terri is handing out 403 Forbiddens left and right.

Posted by: evariste at March 23, 2005 4:14 PM

Ev, what are forbiddens?
Any word on what is happening??

Posted by: Marine Momma at March 23, 2005 4:29 PM

I think that means they are under a DOS attack.

Posted by: texanista at March 23, 2005 4:30 PM

It means the Apache web server software on their machine has been misconfigured, or there's a permissions problem. Maybe something wrong with .htaccess? Richard, are you and Tim aware of this?

Posted by: evariste at March 23, 2005 4:31 PM

Texanista! Good to see you!
Sounds like someone is trying to mess with sites that are for Terri. Ev, didn't you have problems recently too?

Posted by: Marine Momma at March 23, 2005 4:33 PM

In a 10-2 decition, the 11th Circuit just rejected the Schindlers' petition for an expedited re-hearing en banc.

I tried to post a link to the denial, but it wouldn't let me. I've posted it on my site as well.

Posted by: Christopher M. Wu at March 23, 2005 4:37 PM

"doctor doctor whats wrong with me..."

I had a very bad headache the left part of my head and also my left eye...

I have talked about that in my blog can you guess what it is?

2- my photoblog been nomninated for the best africian/middle eastern photoblog
in http://www.photobloggies.org
you can vote for me if you like ...

Posted by: medya at March 23, 2005 4:47 PM

Not to be crass...............but do you suppose FOX News will instruct Sean Hannity to strike a deal with the Schindlers for the remains of Terri for the purpose of actually taking the body to the Senate floor and let "Captain Bill" finally make his "expert" analysis on this matter so he could at least say."I told you so"?I can see it now,minion Hannity and Fox crew circumvent CSpan and shut em down so they can have the "Exclusive" rights on the autopsy.Not without senator Frists exhorbitant fee paid upfront by medicaire cuts first though.HYPOCRITS,each and all........The "Republican" party has died by its own hand.Good riddance

Posted by: hanssolo at March 25, 2005 12:55 AM