« Breaking News: Terri Schiavo's Parents Will Make a Statement to the Press at 1 PM at the Woodside Hospice | Main | Stay issued for Terri Schiavo »

February 22, 2005

VIDEO - Conversation with Terri Schiavo

Not responsive?
PVS?

You decide

Great thanks to the reader that sent it in.

Posted by Hyscience at February 22, 2005 12:03 PM

It seems like Terri is on death row waiting to be executed simply for being disabled...what is wrong with our judges in Florida to allow this?

Posted by: M at February 23, 2005 10:29 PM

Why doesnt Terri Schiavos husband just get a divorce and let the other involved in the case do what they want? Is Terri Schiavo Jewish?

Posted by: Robert J. Guntren at March 19, 2005 4:27 PM

WHY? Don't we all come together and MAKE them re-insert the tube? Are we doing evrything we can? What are we going to think after they KILL her?

Posted by: DAVID WESOLOWSKI at March 22, 2005 1:36 PM

hello i have a comment. if michael is doing what terri wanted why then did he have the feeding tube put in in the first place???????????

Posted by: linda phelps at March 24, 2005 6:52 AM

Posted by: linda phelps at March 24, 2005 6:53 AM

i think that this is a horrible way to die. Why does bush enjoy watching a women starve to death? All i know is that george bush shouldve been more consiencence. Im a 13 year old who dispises bush for his wrong doings.

Posted by: steve at March 28, 2005 5:00 AM

Michael Schiavo should have no legal rights to Terri what so ever. He is no longer considered her husband since he commited adultry(sleeping with another woman and having kids with that woman) He handed over all of his rights to her when he slept with that other woman. There is no way that Terri is in the condition that people say she is. She laughs, crys, smiles, moves body parts and everything. This poor woman needs help, and Michael is killing her. This is, indeed, a state-sponsored murder!

Posted by: Christine at March 28, 2005 5:37 PM

for one thing to the 13 year old that despises Bush... if you pay any attention at all to the news you will see that both Bush's are trying to help her and the courts are not allowing it.... get your facts straight before you comment.... next I want to say that I think if she is responsive and groans so that they have to give her morphine then she needs to be fed. If she is so brain damaged and can't feel anything why did they have to give her two doses of morphine?

Posted by: Teresa at March 28, 2005 10:34 PM

I just saw the video of terri and her father a few days ago, I was surprised to find it, I never saw it aired on television, and it isnt on her site www.terrisfight.org. Some doctors have said that when terri moves, smiles, and moans that its not purposeful. If her actions arent purposeful then how does her body know to do these things right on que? I could see if she laughed at the wrong time, but terri seems to laugh, or moan at the right time. In the video she wasnt making any noise until her father started talking to her. He didnt touch her, just talked to her and she started moaning. Seems to me that she is reacting, not just reflexing. I am far from a doctor and I dont have any medical training, and I can see this? How come the doctors dont notice this? This whole terri saga has been very frustrating to me. I dont understand why it would hurt for the judge to let the doctors perform more recent tests. If the judge and michael schiavo are so certain they are right, then why not? I think they arent allowing the tests because there is a good chance they would be proven wrong. I have worked with people like terri, and when I got to know them, they have very distinct personalities. I can totally see where her parents are coming from. Also, if terri is in a true vegetative state, she would feel pain, or react to pain. Why are they giving her morphine? Why did the nurses give her pain meds over the years? One nurse interviewed on the news even said that terri would moan during her monthly cycle until they gave her advil. This is an awful thing to hear about, my heart goes out to her family and friends. I have a feeling that michael schiavo took care of terri until the money came, then had no need for her anymore. Pretty pathetic that he stood in court and told the court that he would use the money to take care of terri and that she would live out a normal life span, and the money would be used for rehabilitation, and he never did any of that after he got the money. In fact he refused everything after he got the money. Makes me sick. As for Judge Greer, well he will have to live with what he's done, and im sure being him wont be easy if she dies.

Posted by: Laura at March 29, 2005 12:07 AM

The courts disgust me as does Michael Schiavo. It takes a real hard heart to starve and dehydrate his supposed wife to death. Not to metion the torture to Terri's parents and siblings and also the rest of the nation. I believe the courts have an obligation to take a closer look at this case and also at themselves. There's a reason why we don't treat prisomers and enemy combatants this brutally. Thank God there's a judgement day.

Posted by: Kathy Hall at March 30, 2005 9:02 PM

I would like to know how many of you actually have all the facts on her condition. She has been looke at by many doctors who specialize in this. They all say that she is in a vegetative state with no change of recovery. So you see a few seconds of viedo where it looks like she is responding to those around her; do you know how many hours is took just to get these short clips? The rest of the time she's a vegetable; she's not going to recover, period.
I find it hypocrytal when people jump on the bandwagon when something like this hits the news. Its none of our business, its a family issue and no one, not you, not the goverment has any right to intervine.
Seems to me many people in this country are just waiting for someone else to tell them what to be offended.

Posted by: Anonymous at March 31, 2005 2:02 PM

Kathy, I couldn't agree with you more.

Posted by: Shayne at March 31, 2005 3:50 PM

Actually, I don't agree with Kathy, I agree with Anonymous, just below. The credit for the posts seem to be in the wrong place.

Posted by: Shayne at March 31, 2005 3:53 PM

this is so wrong, she wanted to live!

Posted by: Boaz Bagbag at March 31, 2005 11:17 PM

she looks so happy its so sad her husband wanted her to die ... and he saids that she had a happy face wen the tube wwas removed...why cudnt he have filmed it..i just watched the video which she responded 2 music...i think she shouldve lived and when they open up her brain there gonna see that they made a very ronng choice...poor woman
well shes in heaven now...resting in peace...

Posted by: Sophia at April 1, 2005 1:44 AM

Posted by: Trish at April 1, 2005 4:08 AM

Look, This is a popular debate on what the definition of life is. That "snippit" was but 1 minute of footage, and the whole "ordeal" happened for over 15 years. That is one minute out of over 7,800,000 minutes since she first suffered cardiac arrest. That is not enough time to judge whether or not she was in a vegitative state, so I'll have to rely on the numerous diagnoses by numerous doctors and physicians. Also, keep in mind that Michael Schiavo had no authority to decide whether or not she should live. That decision was made by a jury in court after being presented with evidence by both sides, and the court decided that she would not want to have life prolonging measures taken... this was done back in February 2000.

Again, I will address previous posts... Yes, in this little snippet (Just 1/7,000,000th of her life, shows her moaning and what seems like laughing... If I had enough footage, I could make it seem as if a snail understood quantum physics... This was not clear enough evidence to make any accurate decision.

Why did they put the feeding tube in the first place? Well, everyone has hope.... including Michael. That was 8 years after the cardiac arrest. Since that time, he has taken her to therapy in HOPE that she could live. He had seen 8 years of her trying to recover. Yes, he had hope. But, if you've ever experienced anyone in a similar state (like I have), you'll know why he decided to propose the idea for the court to decide.

I could go on, but any more would be just rambling.

Posted by: NBowser at April 2, 2005 6:33 PM